Major changes trigger innovation
Great ideas see the light of day when clever individuals, teams or a society face a problem.
Innovation is a driver for change. And now, when we’re facing a transition towards greener and sustainable energy, we must join forces and utilise the knowledge and experience from the offshore industry to develop the future energy scene.
Energy Innovation is a hub for renewable energy technologies, research, competence development and collaboration – across businesses, both locally and globally.
We’re certified as ECO-Lighthouse for many reasons, including innovation, and we’re ready to discuss collaboration and future opportunities with you and your company.
Projects – ongoing and completed:
- Tech-Shore – Technical Skills for Harmonized Offshore Renewables. Erasmus+ Centre of Vocational Excellence – EU project with € 4 million in support. Four year project. Ongoing. Ends June 2026.
- HORIZON 2020: ROBINSON – EU project with € 7 million in R&D support. Smart integration of local energy sources and innovative storage for flexible, secure and cost-efficient Energy Supply on Industrial Islands. Four year project. Ongoing. Ends Oct. 2024.
- Regional Research Found – Condition Based Operation & Maintenance on Turbine Blades. Three year project with € 375K in support.
- Norwegian Offshore Wind – EI has been sentral in the development of ARENA Pro cluster project and hold a position in the board.
- Corporate network – Leading the Innovation Norway-supported three year business development project with 10 companies that all focus on renewable energy and environmental technology for developing Egersund Energy Hub.
- Wenergy – Waste to Energy Gasifier. Preliminary project in the Environmental Technology Ordinance. Completed.
- Eigerøy Energy Systems: ENOVA, Concept study for innovative energy and climate solutions in buildings, areas and energy systems. Collaboration with NORCE, Dalane Energi, Prima Protein, Aker Solutions, Eigersund Næring og havn. Completed.
- VRI project (Regional Instruments for Innovation – Norwegian Research Council) Integrated Energy Systems Røysland Gaard – VRI Rogaland, collaboration with NORCE and Røysland Gaard. Completed.
VRI project – Methane capture in farm buildings from agriculture. Completed.
- Network / dialogue meeting HSE Safe work at height – VRI Rogaland. Completed.
- Innovation Norway «Drone inspection of floating offshore wind turbines». Completed.
- VRI project «Dynamic reposition of floating wind turbines». Completed.
- VRI project «Condition Based Monitoring and Maintenance for on- and offshore wind». Completed.