GWO Fire Awareness
4 hours / 0,5 day
The aim of this module is to enable the participants to:
- prevent fires
- make appropriate judgements when evaluating a fire
- manage evacuation of personnel
- ensure all are safely accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire.
- If the incident is judged to be safe, the participants should be able to efficiently extinguish an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment.
Overall learning objectives:
1) The participants can act independently to identify fire hazards and prevent fires in a wind turbine environment.
2) The participants can take responsibility for assessing a fire and, if needed, be able to select the right extinguishing media according to the fire classes .
3) The participants can take responsibility for the evacuation of personnel and ensure all are safely accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire.
4) The participants can act independently in efficiently extinguishing an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment, if the incident is judged to be safe.
- The certificate have a validity of 24 month.
- Certificates and training records shall be renewed before the end of the validity period. Fire Awarness Refresh
- If a certificate is expired, the participant must attend the full Fire Awarness to obtain a new training record.