GWO Crane and hoist
2 days course
The GWO Crane and Hoist Training is divided in two modules:
Module 1: Crane and Hoist Basic User (CHBU)
Training in accordance with this Crane and Hoist Training Standard will enable wind industry personal to safely operate, inspect and maintain common types of fixed, small cranes and hoists in the wind industry by following manufactures manuals, documentation, and relevant legislation.
Personnel working within the wind industry where the use of lifting equipment to a limited size (eg 8 metric tons/metre) is required for moving loads onshore and offshore.
Personnel, who inspect and maintain lifting equipment within the wind industry.
The Crane and Hoist Basic User Module
- Is an enduring qualification, so a validity period does not apply to this training.
- This is based on the expectation that the participant is actively working with lifting equipment in a wind turbine environment.
- Refresher training may be recommended following operator’s and local procedures and legislation.
Crane & Hoist Inspection and Maintenance Module
- Is valid for 36 months.
- The validity period is automatically calculated by WINDA by entering the course completion date.
- Certificates and training records shall be renewed before the end of a given validity period.
- If a certificate is expired, the participant must attend the applicable Crane and Hoist Training to obtain a new training record.