GWO Manual Handling
Definition of manual handling: The transporting or supporting of a load including lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying, or moving by hand or by bodily force.
The aim of this module is to:
- enable participants, through theoretical and practical training.
- reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injuries for wind technicians in the wind industry
- enable participants to perform their tasks and activities in the safest possible way when working in a wind turbine environment.
The BST Manual Handling Module may be delivered at the same time as the BSTR Manual Handling Refresher Module.
After having successfully complete this BST Manual Handling module, the participants will have the ability to take responsibility for the use of essential manual handling principles to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury when performing physical tasks and activities in the wind industry.
- The certificate have a validity of 24 month.
- Certificates and training records shall be renewed before the end of the validity period. Manual Handling Refresh
- If a certificate is expired, the participant must attend the full Manual Handling to obtain a new training record.