GWO First Aid
The aim of this module is to enable participants, through theoretical and practical training, to:
- recognise signs and symptoms of life threating situations
- administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment in order to save lives and prevent further injury, until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care.
After having successfully completed this BST First Aid Module, the participants will have the ability to:
1) Act independently in recognising, assessing, and prioritising the need for basic first aid and providing lifesaving first aid until the casualty can be handed over to the next level of care in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment.
2) Take responsibility for recognising their limitations as a basic first aider, calling for help and enable evacuation off the casualty in case of an incident in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment.
- The certificate have a validity of 24 month.
- Certificates and training records shall be renewed before the end of the validity period. First Aid Refresh
- If a certificate is expired, the participant must attend the full Working at Heights to obtain a new training record.