GWO Advanced Rescue Training
Upon completion of the Advance Rescue Training , participants will be able to access and rescue an injured person from the hub and the nacelle, tower, and basement section of a wind turbine. These training modules can be delivered independently of one another or as stand-alone training.
The GWO Advanced Rescue Training is divided into the following four modules:
- Module 1: Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue
- Module 2: Nacelle, Tower, and Basement Rescue
- Module 3: Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue
- Module 4: Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue
Training in accordance with this Advanced Rescue Training will enable participants to perform entry-type injured person rescue operations, in a WTG, using industry standard rescue equipment, rescue methods and techniques, exceeding those of GWO BST, Working at Height.
Personnel who will be working in the wind industry or related fields and will have their duties in a wind turbine environment.
Personnel that may need or is selected by their employer to perform advanced rescue or lead an advanced rescue operation, where training according to one or more modules of the GWO advanced rescue training may mitigate the identified risks.
Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue – 24 Months
Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue – 24 Months
Single Rescue: Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue No Expiry
Single Rescue: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue No Expiry
- Certificates and training records shall be renewed before the end of a given validity period.
- If a certificate is, the participant must attend the applicable Advanced Rescue Training to obtain a new training record.