Pole Climbing & Rescue
Pole climbing and rescue course – 8 hour course
The duration of the course is 8 hours, and consists of 50% theory and 50% practice.
Participants must have an understanding of the following:
a) User instructions and labeling of fall protection equipment;
b) Storage, control and maintenance of fall protection equipment:
- Disposal criteria for equipment;
- Control and maintenance
- Maintenance and storage.’
c) Systems in fall protection:
- Fall arrest;
- Rescue equipment.
d) Risk assessment:
- Safe Job Analysis (SJA)
- Barriers (technical, organizational and human);
- Choice of rescue solution and equipment.
e) Rescue plan/preparedness:
- Requirements for a rescue plan;
- Preparedness and expected response time;
- Basic principles for first aid, including hanging trauma;
- Examples of rescue equipment and methods.
f) Falling to a lower level:
- Dangers of fall forces and fall energy;
- Tools that can damage the equipment;
g) Need for, and methods for cordoning off, areas when working at height;
h) Ergonomics – advantages and disadvantages of different mounting options in the harness (EN 358 and EN 813)
For questions and booking, please contact:
+47 22 34 30 08