GWO Basic Safety Training Offshore
GWO Basic Safety Training Offshore includes the following courses:
- GWO Working At Heights
- GWO Manual Handling
- GWO Fire Awareness
- GWO First Aid
- GWO Sea Survival incl. Boat Transfer
Upon completion of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) Offshore, participants will possess an awareness of the hazards encountered when working within the wind industry and how to control and mitigate these hazards.
The BST will also equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency and to increase their safety through proper use of personal protective equipment, emergency equipment and procedures.
The approved GWO Basic Safety Training (BST) provides participants with important skills, which include fire awareness, first aid, working at heights, and manual handling. To enable participants to work in the offshore environment, an additional GWO Sea Survival Module training shall be completed.
The courses is covering the theory part of the GWO basic safety training. Instead of using four days on the course senter, it is now possible to take the online modules up front, and then use only two days at the center, cutting costs and time away from work, and giving us as a training provider the possibility to be more flexible and conducting more courses.
The online courses are connected to the following modules: Working at heights, First aid, Fire awareness and Manual handling.
Time spent for:
- GWO Basic Safety Onshore: Two extended days + online modules (must be taken for all conducting work in an onshore wind farm)
- GWO Basic Safety Offshore: Three days + online modules (must be taken for all conducting work in an offshore wind farm)
- GWO Basic Safety Onshore Refresh: Two days + online modules (the basic safety onshore must be refreshed every second year)
- GWO basic Safety Offshore Refresh: Three days + online modules (the basic safety onshore must be refreshed every second year)
For questions, please contact:
+47 22 34 30 08